May 2022 Updates on current projects
- Monarch roofing has basically completed the installation of the roofs on all the buildings at the Hilton Head campus. The only thing remaining is the replacement of some decking on the canopy between the Admin. Building and the Sanctuary. It is scheduled to be completed with a final walkthrough is to be completed in the next several days. There was a significant amount of decking that had to be replaced on each of the four buildings. With the 40-year warranty, we expect that this job will serve the church well for a long time. The last part of this job will be replacement of the damaged ceiling tiles in the Celebration Center. The tiles are on order and should be replaced in the next several weeks.
- We are still waiting on an installation date for the Sanctuary sound system with Stage Front AV, a consultant out of Savannah. The contract has been signed but getting on their schedule has been difficult.
- The complete technology upgrade of the Sanctuary organ has begun. The electronic portion for the main organ has been completed but we are still waiting for the electronic upgrade for the pipes. Equipment for this portion of the upgrade is on back order and is scheduled for installation in late June or July.
- The dishwasher in the kitchen has been repaired.
- We need to do a review of our insurance policies in the next several months. If anyone has this expertise and is willing to give us some time to review our current policies, please let Lois or a member of the Trustees know.
April 2022 updates on several projects:
- The tree work at Hilton Head campus has been completed. Nine trees were removed, the canopy was raised on trees and the trees were dead wooded.
- A contract has been signed with Monarch Roofing to replace the roof on all four buildings on the Hilton Head campus. Work will begin on April 25. They expect it to take 10-14 days to complete the project. There will be parking restrictions during the project. They hope to have everything cleaned up by Sunday each week to eliminate problems during worship services. Approximately 50% of this project is being paid by our insurance company due to hail damage on the roofs.
- The Trustees authorized an upgrade of the Sanctuary sound system with Stage Front AV, a consultant out of Savannah. They hope to have the work completed within the next 30 days.
- The Trustees also authorized a complete technology upgrade of the Sanctuary organ with a consultant out of North Carolina. This work should be complete in the next 2-3 weeks.
- We have 23 air conditioning units at Hilton Head campus. Twelve of those are over 10 years old. We are developing a long-term plan for those systems with our AC provider.
- We need to do a review of our insurance policies in the next several months. If anyone has this expertise and is willing to give us some time to review our current policies, please let Lois or a member of the trustees know.
The Trustees for 2022:
Floyd McKeag – Co Chair email@example.com
Bob Gentzler – Co Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
Rhonda Barry – Secretary email@example.com
Adam Flores firstname.lastname@example.org
Kerry Alexander email@example.com
Michael Tucker firstname.lastname@example.org
Graham Silcox email@example.com
If you have any concerns that the Trustees need to be aware of, please contact one of these individuals or contact Lois Chandler, Director of Admin. in the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Andrew By-The-Sea wants members and friends of the church to be able to put their faith into practice. We call that “Living It!”
As a part of our 2022 theme of “Living a 5G Life” currently with an emphasis on gifts, each member along with any interested person in the community, may fill out a LIVING IT COMMITMENT, which lists all the ways you can serve in ministry at St. Andrew. Our goal is to match your gifts and talents with a place to serve Christ and others.