In order to recognize outstanding United Methodist students, the Scholarship Committee of St. Andrew By-The-Sea United Methodist Church (Hilton Head Is., South Carolina) will award yearly scholarships with amounts determined by the committee, usually $500-$1500. The Scholarship Committee receives contributions from individuals, memorials, and other private donations. We believe that outstanding academic performance should be rewarded. Our scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic/personal achievement and financial need.
1. Students who plan to enter the ministry, Christian Education or Church Music and who have completed their freshman year of college. If attending a seminary, applicants must be intending to enter the ministry in the United Methodist Church.
2. Graduates of Epworth Children’s Home who have completed their freshman year in college.
3. St. Andrew members who are continuing their college career, regardless of major or location of college and have completed their freshman year. (Note: Priority is given to applicants in categories 1 and 2 above.)
Application Checklist – due May 31.
- Complete and submit the New Scholarship Application. Recipients of a scholarship for the prior academic year should complete the Application for Scholarship Renewals.
- New applicants must submit two (2) letters of recommendation from individuals other than relatives. (This requirement does not apply to applications for renewal.)
- Submit a copy of education records (high school and college transcripts, GED, letters or certificates). Additional test scores such as PSAT, SAT, ACT, and ASSET are accepted but not mandatory.
- Submit the signed Applicant Agreement form along with the application.
The Scholarship Committee will select the recipients using the information required above. The Scholarship received will be mailed directly to the Financial Aid Office of the college prior to the beginning of each semester.
NOTE: Students must notify the committee in writing of any change in their application status, for example, if they opt to attend a different institution OR if they do not attend.
Send all required application materials by May 31 to:
St. Andrew By-The-Sea United Methodist Church
Attn: Scholarship Committee
20 Pope Avenue
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928