Policy Regarding Approval for Fundraising
All requests for fundraising projects/programs/activities for the church that will involve direct solicitation of church members MUST be approved by the finance committee, or, for time sensitive requests between Finance Committee meetings, any three (3) members of a sub-group of the Finance Committee consisting of:
Chair of the Church Council
Chair of Finance Committee
Chair of Stewardship
Chair of Administrative Ministries
Director of Administration
Motion by passed unanimously by the Finance Committee May 8, 2003
Policy for determining Use of Undesignated Major Gifts
Note: Worship Service offerings of all cash and checks up to $500 will be considered as loose plate and credited to account # 410 Unpledged Contributions & Loose Plate.
A. Gifts from $500 – $4999:
- The Financial Secretary is to notify the Director of Administration (D.O.A.) and/or Church Treasurer of the gift.
- The D.O.A. will notify the Chair of the Finance Committee and the Church Treasurer of the gift and any known special needs for the funds.
- These individuals will direct the gift to a needed account
OR to account # 492 Other Income/Special gifts
OR to account # 282 Church Surplus Operating Funds.
- The Financial Secretary will acknowledge and thank the grantor for any these gifts and any loose plate gift of $250 or more.
B. Gifts of $5000 or more:
- The Financial Secretary is to notify the Director of Administration of the gift.
- The D.O.A. will notify (may be delegated) the Senior Minister, Chairs of Church Council, Finance and the Church Treasurer of the gift and provide a list of suggested uses. Any member of the group may also make suggestions for the use.
- Depending on the size of the gift, the group may use the total amount for one cause or spread the amount to multiple accounts.
- The Financial Secretary and/or the pastor will acknowledge and thank the donor for the gift.
- The Treasurer will report to the Finance Committee the gift and the allocation.